Before we discuss pricing please read below:
So you’ve taken the time to listen to multiple sales pitches from various power washing companies and now your wondering why is there such a large price difference. Let’s take a closer look at this now.
Problem with the low bid:
- Inexperienced contractor who is just getting started. Who may keep coming back to you for more money as he starts to realize he is in over his head or may just quit in the middle of the job. We’ve seen it happen before.
- College student painters who could care less if they damage your property as they are trying to make beer money at your home. Don’t laugh one customer told me how they were painting in the rain, seriously saving money is great, but sometimes the COST is too high.
- Fine print look at the guys who advertise washing only starting at $99 + Chemicals $$ + Elevated decks $$ + Tarping Fees $$ + Have to get the staining also to qualify $$$$. I compete regularly with these guys and find out at the end of a job my price was was better then their advertised price.
- Cheap materials bad contractors buy the Walmart stain for $10-12 a gallon instead of buying TWP at a cost of $35-$45 a gallon depending on color and series number.
- No chemicals some bad contractors try to wash the wood with water only and this is the most common no-no! Using the correct chemicals helps to keep the water pressure down as the chemicals are doing the work and the pressure washer is just rinsing.
- Time It takes about and hour per 100 square feet of wood to wash when we do it right, with chemicals, and washing each board or spindle twice. The most important step for longevity is proper surface preparation. I can wash after most contractors and still remove stains and residue. Poor contractors get in and out as fast as they can and cut corners. We do not!
The just right bid:
- Perfect contractor listens to you and truly understands your needs and wants.
- Perfect contractor explains the process in detail and explains the costs associated with your project.
- Perfect contractor is a good estimator and will not come back trying to nickel and dime you on options.
- Perfect contractor has experience, tools, references, is honest, and character.
- Perfect contractor leaves a clean finished project and spotless job site.
- Perfect contractor is someone who is referred to you and you can refer to your friends.
Problem with the high bid:
- Shady contractor rolls up to your house and increases the price based on the size of your home or zip code.
- Too busy contractor doesn’t need the work, and looks at your job as a cash cow.
- Poor company management and is overextended with huge overhead and overcharges you to make up for it.