After working with various stains my recommendations are specific to your needs and the condition of your wood.
More detailed information can be found at the manufacturer’s website: http://www.geminicoatings.com/p/12062/Default.aspx
TWP® 100 series is a unique combination of chemicals in a professional strength, easy to apply formula that protects and preserves all exterior woods in 5 ways:
· Water Repellent Prevents Water Absorption
· Stops U.V. Damage
· Helps Prevent Wood Rot
· Resistant to Mold and Mildew
· Easy to Apply and Maintain
TWP® 100 series is an EPA registered wood preservative and rated #1 in semi-transparent stains in leading consumer magazines.
Excellent longevity on both vertical and horizontal surfaces
Will not peel. TWP® is a penetrating stain, not a film former
Professional choice for all exterior wood surfaces
Semi-transparent stain preserves natural wood color
Aids in color retention
Dry time is 4-24 hours depending on weather conditions
**TWP® 100 series is not compliant in the following: California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Northern Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island. If you live in these areas please look at our 500 series products. These are very close in color and contain less VOC’s.***
*That being said there are certain conditions which may require using a different type of stain*
We have used Sikkens, Olympic, Cabot, Penofin, TWP, & Superdeck.
Original Blue Label Oil Wood Finish
Penofin penetrating oil wood finish is formulated to enhance and protect the natural beauty of any variety of wood. Use Penofin oil wood finish on any exterior wood surface where a transparent finish with ultraviolet protection is needed.
- Brazilian Rosewood Oil penetrates deeply to protect against moisture.
- Hardens and protects individual wood fibers.
- Transoxide pigments virtually eliminate the fading due to sunlight.
- Penofin won’t fade, turn chalky, or wash off.
- No surface film to trap moisture or cause chipping and peeling.
- Wide range of transparent and semitransparent colors.
Blue Label Oil Wood Finish is available in ten colors.
Blue Label Oil Wood Finish Application Tips
Maximum performance on kiln-dried lumber.
Caution & Warnings